Long Tail Pro Review – Keyword Research Tool
Whenever you are considering setting up a new niche site, you should perform a decent keyword research. At least if you are planning to make some decent money with site… And there is quite a large number of online tools and software that will be able to go through this process. But the main question is: which one of all these tools will offer me the highest guarantees? And I am quite sure that a lot of SEO experts will immediately mention Long Tail Pro. Long Tail Pro is not only a very reliable keyword research software, but also has been around for quite some years. This means that their developers have already put quite some effort in the improvement of the software.
So how does LongTailPro function? Well, it takes the results from the Google Keyword Tool and introduces those in an easy to use interface. But, of course, that’s not all. This software eliminated the need to investigate the competition for your desired keywords manually by doing all the maths for you with the click of your mouse. Imagine the huge amount of time this feature can save you! Lots of time you will be able to spend on developing and promoting your new site.
So, who is Long Tail Pro for?
– Anyone who is struggling with keyword research and needs;
– Anyone looking for high traffic keywords with low competition;
– Any person who wants to save time when performing KW research;
– Newbies and experts alike, anyone can use this tool and benefit from it;
– Anyone affected by Market Samurai who wants a quicker tool with a modern interface.
What are the most important pros of LongTailPro?
The first positive characteristic I would like to mention is that this software is quite fast. And now you might be thinking that this is exactly the way you would expect it to perform. But I can tell you that I have tested quite some different tools and not all of them deliver results as fast as LTP does. Quite some keyword research tools out there are extremely slow at performing the same jobs. Even some well known tools like Market Samurai or Ultimate Niche Finder Comparison.
The main reason why I prefer Long Tail Pro to perform my keyword research is that this tool is really easy to use. But don’t get me wrong, because behind the scenes you have lots of calculations and formulas running to serve you the requested data within seconds at the click of a button.
I have never needed any help from their support team, but from what I have heard from other users, their customer support is extremely fast and helpful. They usually reply to support requests within 24 hours.
And the cons?
Well, this is perhaps my personal opinion, but I have always preferred paying one-time fees for my software and tools, instead of recurring monthly subscriptions. However, considering the fact that there is no other tool on the market that uses their formula to provide extremely accurate estimations of keyword difficulty in a matter of a few seconds.
Currently, there are 2 different plans available (and a $1 trial is available for both):
– Monthly Plan: $37 / month
– Annual Plan: $444 / year
But I have some Good News: The Long Tail Pro team has reached out and offer a great deal for Online Income Talk readers, like you. Click here to check it out!
Finally, I also have to mention a minor glitch or issue. On very rare occasions the software suddenly shuts down on its own. This has only occurred a couple of times in my case, and I have to admit that when opening the software again, nothing was lost. So, no big deal at all…
Short LPT Tutorial:
Log in at your LTP copy and click on the “Find Keywords” button in the top left hand corner.
This will make a new window pop up inviting you to add the seed keywords you would like to investigate.
Once entered those seed KWs, click on “Add” and next on “Generate Keywords & Fetch Data”
The software will then perform some calculations for about 5-10 seconds, and then list all the results.
Next, I would recommend to order the last column, Avg. Keyword Competitiveness, from low to high. The results in this column range from 0 to 100, and any keywords with results from 0 to 30 are supposed easy to rank for.
This is perhaps the main function of this tool. As you can see, it is pretty straightforward and easy to execute. Without any complicated whistles and bells.
But the software also offers a number of other functions and extras like:
– Extensive competitor analysis on top 10 Google results for any keyword;
– Check rankings of sites in Google, Yahoo, and Bing;
– Import lists of 10,000 keywords at once;
– Access to the Platinum VIP Facebook Community;
– FREE access to Long Tail University ($197 in Value)
OK, you could consider the “Keyword Competitiveness” score is reasonably accurate, but this doesn’t mean that we have to check and investigate each keyword a bit more.
Here’s what I normally look for:
- Target Keyword in Site Title: Very important SEO ranking factor. If multiple results don’t have the exact or partial match of your targetted keyword in their title, then it’s a good sign.
- Page Authority: Pages with PA < 30 are easier to beat in the rankings. We would like to see at least 3 pages with PA < 30 in the top 10.
- Juice Links: This is the number of juice passing links to a given page. We would like to see at least 3 results with a score of < 30.
- Domain Authority: Not as important as other factors, but if you find sites with DA < 25 in the top 10, then it’s a really good sign. It means that there are spots for new sites with low authority.
- E-commerce Sites on Top 10: Google tends to favor e-commerce sites for some KWs and it’s hard to beat them with a content site. So, if you see more than 7 e-commerce sites in the top 10, then it’s better to avoid those.
- Niche Sites on Top 10: These are sites built by people like us. So if they can rank, then we can as well. However, I still try to avoid keyword with more than 6 niche sites on top 10 because the competition would be high. 1-3 niche sites on top 10 are ideal.
- Target Keyword in Site Title: Only 3 results with the exact keyword in their title. A couple of results with partial matches in the title – Good!
- Page Authority: 5 results with PA < 30 – Good!
- Juice Links: All 10 results have Juice Links < 30 – Good!
- Domain Authority: No sites with DA < 25 in the top 10 – Bad…
- E-commerce Sites on Top 10: Only a couple of e-commerce sites in the top 10 – Good!
- Niche Sites on Top 10: Only a couple of Niche Sites in the Top 10 – Good!
Considering the results of the metrics above, we could consider this a decent keyword phrase with relatively low competition.
Now you can repeat the same steps with the other KWs in your list.
Long Tail Pro overall rating:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a free trial available?
There is a $1 trial available that allows you to use Long Tail Pro for 10 days without restriction.
What countries & languages does Long Tail Pro support?
Long Tail Pro works with every language and country that is supported by Google, which means you can use it to find low competition KWs in almsot every language in the world.
How many computers can I use Long Tail Pro on?
The license allows you to install Long Tail Pro on up to 3 computers.
What do I need to run Long Tail Pro on my computer?
1. To run the software, you will need Adobe Air (free): Click here to download;
2. You will also need a free English language Google Adwords account. If you don’t have an English language Adwords account, click here to see how to change it.
Will Long Tail Pro work on a Mac
Yes, since it is based on Adobe Air, it can run on the Mac operating system without a problem.
- Fast & accurate tool;
- Very easy to use;
- Excellent customer support
- Monthly subscription fee;
- Sometimes suddenly shuts down